Tuesday, October 11

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I could not be prouder to say that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What do I believe, you may ask? It is right there in the name of my church.

It's a sad statistic that 25% of Americans are less likely to vote for a presidential candidate if he or she were Mormon.

What's even more sad is this statement given by a Southern Baptist preacher from Texas: “Mormonism is not Christianity. It’s not politically correct to say, but Mormonism is a cult.”

I won't get into a heated debate here because I don't like debating. But I just want to say what is on my heart.

How can it be said I am not a Christian? I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I believe in the life, death, and resurrection of the Savior Jesus Christ. I believe He is the Son of God and, by faith and good works, I can return to live with my Heavenly Father for eternity.

Yes, I read the Bible. We are also fortunate to have another testament of Jesus Christ, The Book of Mormon. Both are equally important to me. Think that The Book of Mormon is written by a man? Read it and you will quickly learn otherwise.

Want to do some research of the church on your own? Click here or here to learn credible information. Would you rather email me?

Want to call it a cult? Come to my church one Sunday and you will be able to witness the love that we have for our Savior.